Dependent Visa


Spouse / Dependent Visa

Spouse Visa, Dependent Visa, Family Visa, Child Visa is a category of Dependent Visa where People from overseas can join a visa holder (Sponsor) as the partners, children and/or elderly dependent relatives of people who are already overseas or are going overseas under any of the visa categories. Anyone who is on a work visa or permanent resident visa is permitted to take their family along. Dependent Visa / Spouse Visa application is simple & success is dependent on genuine intent, correct documentation & accurate forms.

There are specific limitations on the dependents, based on the visa held by the sponsor such as the age of the dependents and the length of the relationship they share with the principal applicant who is settled overseas. Dependents may or may not be permitted to work. It depends on which country they are applying to and which visa category they fall under. Example: H1 Visa dependent / spouses are not permitted to work, while UK allows dependents of work permit holders to work.

Eligible Dependents for Spouse/Dependent Visa

  • Spouses
  • Fiancé
  • Same-sex civil partners, proposed same-sex civil partners
  • Unmarried partners
  • Child
  • Sibling
  • Widowed parent and Grandparent aged 65 years and above


  • The Spouse Visa, Dependent Visa, Family Visa, Child Visa holder is permitted to stay overseas as long as the sponsor holds a valid visa.


  • Demonstrate that the person applying is related to and financially dependent on the sponsor.
  • Demonstrate that the sponsor is able to financially support and accommodate himself and his/her dependents without having recourse to public Funds.
Free Assessment

Online Enquiry






© 2015 - 2016 IIEC All Rights Reserved